Noise is everywhere and never looks the same. The alarm clock. The radio. The car honking at the car next to you. The 10 million emails that clutter your inbox. The dozens of voicemails found in your home phone, cell phone and work phone. The never ending to-do list. The beautiful models and actresses and actors on the covers of the thousands of magazines. The media.
According to the businessdictonary.com; noise is defined by: 1. Communication: Anything that interferes with, slowsdown, or reduces the clarity or accuracy of a communication. Thus, superfluous data or words in amessage are noise because they detract from its meaning.
The noise in my life is non-stop. It interferes, slows down and reduces the clarity of my beliefs. The non-stop noise is unnecessary and has become a huge distraction is the true meaning of life. The noise that I want to silence is the media. It is loud and obnoxious. It’s like a game of Life on crack. The rules of the game are simple: to follow the guidelines of the media. And to win the game you must maintain the standards of following 24 hours/7 days a week:
- Skinny: a size smaller than 90% of the population
- Style: rock’n the latest louboutins
- Beauty: hottest hair (according to http://fashion.elle.com/ Rihanna spends about $23,000/week on her hair)
- Wheels: The fastest car
- Crib: largest mansion, pimped out with 10 million acers, 5 hundred rooms, 10 pools and a 2-story garage
- Toys: at least one of each: boat, plane, motorcycle